Food and beverage sales in the Middle East continue to be led by the United Arab Emirates, due to the growing number of visitors. A number of foreign and domestic food and beverage products continue to be attracted to the country and to Dubai. A significant sector of the UAE's economy, as well as the region's large-scale economic rise and diversification, is the food and beverage industry, the country's second-largest.
Dubai Expo 2020 and other global events in the country present reasons for a positive attitude as the country continues to be developed as a destination for tourists despite fierce competition in the F&B sector.
UAE Food and Beverage Market
UAE's F&B market is extremely competitive with discerning buyers. It has been necessary for some F&B companies to make difficult decisions, such as closing poorly performing outlets, despite the fact that they were much-needed, and sometimes exciting brands that did not succeed in certain regions. Restaurants, on the other hand, have made improvements in several aspects of their operations over the past few years. I think it might be a good idea to take a 360-degree look at the company: from organizational agility to market relevance, to support efficiency and results-driven financial monitoring.
The UAE has seen an increase in food and beverage products due to its growing population and per capita income. Halal meat, green tea, and fresh coffee are among types with a high potential among many categories, such as fruits, vegetables, cereals, and coffee. A potential business opportunity exists in the specialty organic food market, as well.
- Costs and uncertainty are increasing
- Tastes and preferences of the consumer are changing
- about food safety, sustainability, and transparency
- Forecasts are for food sales to grow by 4.6 per cent in 2019 and to grow by an average of 6 per cent over the period 2019-2023.
- During 2019-2022, beverage sales will increase by an average compound rate of 6 percent. UAE consumers' preference for quality food will continue to be a key driver of the food industry's growth, along with the increase in health awareness.
- A CAGR of 6.9% is projected for dairy sales as demand increases to meet increasingly sophisticated consumer tastes.
- A CAGR of 7.1% is expected to be achieved in sales of baked items over the years to 2022 in the United Arab Emirates.
- Diversification of consumption design is expected to drive this growth.
- foreign investment is expected to continue, with production facilities now appearing and diversifying.
- A phase of substantial expansion in the food processing industry has taken place in the UAE in recent years.
- Despite government efforts to improve domestic food production and self-sufficiency,
- The value-added dairy industry is growing.
- Milk is consumed at a high level in the UAE, making it an attractive market for regional players.
- This profitable industry is thriving and competitive, with many dairies operating, with per capita consumption of dairy products around 80-85kg yearly.
- Yogurt, butter and cheese can be considered value-added milk products that could grow in the future
- Food services (restaurants) are booming in the UAE with more than 16,000 outlets and shopping centers, which is due to a diverse population and the demand for different brands.
Food & Beverage Business
Some of the most widely used market choices include:
- Restaurants, hotels, and cafes
- Schools, hospitals, and homes
- Various Bakeries
- the butchery
- Food Truck
- Units for Catering
- Factories and Warehouses
- Product manufacturers and suppliers of packaging for food
No matter the size of the food company, it has an important role to play at every stage. Restaurant establishments in Dubai are a vital business option for business owners. If you choose to deal with processed foods, you must get it documented. Before going into detail about starting a F&B company, you need to know a few things.
In the food and beverage industry, the UAE serves as a huge base that enables business owners to succeed in their businesses. Initially, it may be dangerous to deal with the integration process. In the business establishment process, owners, investors, and entrepreneurs seek the assistance of business advisors who are well-versed in dealing with such challenges.
Startup Zone considers the needs of each company it works with and satisfies those needs accordingly. While you focus on planning your venture, our business experts can handle the incorporation process. We would be glad to assist you in combining the food and beverage industry.