Dubai has evolved over the past three decades from being an oil-dependent economy into a hub of business in the Middle East. Emirates airlines and real estate are some of Dubai's most important industries. A wide variety of free zones are found throughout the emirate, which accentuates these and many other advantages.
Dubai offers both mainland and free zone companies for those who want to set up a company. Tax-exempt, foreign owned, and fully repatriable corporations are among the many benefits of free zones. Companies in free zones are restricted to predefined geographic areas, but mainland companies are allowed to operate anywhere outside these zones.
In Dubai, mainland companies can carry out business across all the emirates, but the maximum shareholding for foreign shareholders is 49%. A mainland company in Dubai may be formed in these locations:
Sheik Zayed Road
On both sides of Sheik Zayed Road lie high-rise buildings, making it one of the most aesthetically pleasing public places in Dubai. Dubai World Trade Center and Emirates Towers are situated on the property, as well as a multitude of office spaces.
Hotels and resorts are located in Business Bay, a centrally located area of over 7 square kilometers near the Burj Khalifa. Roads connect it well, and heavy foot traffic is observed here. Business Bay is home to many international companies, making it a good location for opening a hospitality business.
Al Quoz has many warehouses and relatively low land costs, making it the manufacturing hub of Dubai. It is situated between Sheik Zayed Road and Al Khail Road.
Most of the laborers in Dubai live in Deira, the oldest part of Dubai. The Deira business district is a convenient place to hire workers for small and medium businesses (SMEs).
Apartments for rent in Al Qusais are located close to Deira. The area is primarily residential, but there are also industries here. It has excellent access to the Dubai International Airport and the neighboring city of Sharjah, making it a prime location for logistical businesses.
The textile industry and the computer accessories industry are prominent in Bur Dubai, which is located along Dubai Creek. In addition to several dainty restaurants and cafeterias, this area is filled with many expats from Asia.
Free Zone Company
In Dubai, the following free zones are the most important:
- Dubai Media City (DMC) is the ideal location to establish a company in the media industry.
- At the Dubai International Airport, the Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) caters to a wide range of industries such as aviation & aerospace, telecommunications, electronics, logistics, and luxury goods.
- Located in Jebel Ali, the Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) is located at the westernmost edge of Dubai.
- There are no special regulations for manufacturing or trading companies in the world's largest free zone.
- It is the perfect place to start a media company in Dubai Media City (DMC).
- Several news agencies, advertising companies, and broadcast companies are located there.
- In addition to housing many financial institutions and international companies, the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC) is one of the world's largest financial hubs.
- It is ideal for technology companies in Dubai to locate in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO).
- As healthcare continues to grow in the UAE, Dubai Healthcare City (DHC) was established.
- Medical clinics, hospitals, outpatient medical centers, and licensed medical professionals are all located in this city.
Dubai's commitment to sustainable development and economic diversification makes setting up a business in the city a lucrative endeavor. Of course, location is also a crucial aspect to consider when starting a business here. Entrepreneurs worldwide are supported by Startup Zone to start up a business in Dubai through services such as business incorporation, registration, accounting, bookkeeping, and legal advice. Business consultants from our firm have years of experience setting up companies in Dubai, which can help your business establish a solid presence in this expanding market. Feel free to reach out to us if you need business setup in Dubai.